2016 Hoosier Energy Integrated Resource Plan
Hoosier Energy’s resource portfolio continues to evolve to meet member needs in a changing market.
• The portfolio increased approximately 60 percent between 2000 and 2016.
• Focus on adding renewable resources
• Purchased power – Duke PPAs are “slice-of-system” agreements served from Duke Indiana’s 48 units.
• Fuels – All Hoosier Energy-owned assets added since 2000 use natural gas or renewable resources.
• The MISO electricity market, which began functioning in 2005, provides price transparency, reserve sharing, and mitigation of concentration risks.